Climate Action Data Trust (CAD Trust) is recruiting a Technical Analyst to support the work of its recently established governing bodies. The candidate will report to the Technical Director and will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Information Technology (IT) and technical aspects of the CAD Trust. As a Technical Analyst, the candidate will play a crucial role in bridging the gap between our Technical Committee and User Forum governing bodies, ensuring that technology solutions align with Climate Action Data Trust goals and requirements.
This opportunity represents an exciting chance to contribute to the Worlds Climate challenge and to join an organisation at its start. You will develop skills and be given the opportunity to build responsibilities that only a fast paced organisation can provide.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the Technical Analyst will be to organise and guide the work programme of the Technical Committee and help the Technical Director on technical operational tasks.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support the participation of registries from both national and independent carbon crediting programmes as data providers.
- Support the drafting of the technology roadmap for the CAD Trust. Perform feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis for proposed solutions to support decision making processes.
- Provide technical training and support to (data layer) end-users, addressing questions and concerns related to implemented technologies.
- Support in the management of the relationship between CAD Trust and its IT provider. This will involve ensuring that updates and enhancements to the platform are communicated and implemented.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Technical Committee and User Forum stakeholders, developers, and project managers, to gather and define technical requirements for projects and initiatives.
- Participate in project planning and risk management activities, providing insights to mitigate potential challenges and ensure project success.
- Act as a subject matter expert on technology trends, best practices, and industry standards, and provide recommendations for their integration into the CAD Trust.
Desired Competencies and Skills
The successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 2-3 years’ experience as either a Tech Product Manager, Tech Product Owner or Technical Analyst.
- You will have Systems Analyst experience and preferably exposure to Business Analysis.
- Knowledge of different IT data platforms and understanding of decentralised ledger technologies and their deployment is essential.
- Proficiency in documenting technical specifications, system diagrams, and process flows.
- Familiarity with database concepts, data modelling, and data integration techniques.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts to non-technical audience / stakeholders.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and driving collaboration toward common goals.
- Being a self -starter, you will track record of teamwork and ability to produce high-quality results and outputs with limited supervision.
- Familiarity and experience working with carbon market infrastructure providers such as carbon crediting programmes and registries, trading exchanges, and market intermediaries is desired but not essential.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn, collaborate and grow your professional skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with preference for an additional language.
- Ready to work in a small yet international organisation, to show initiative and to gradually take over responsibilities.
- Available for travel.
The position will be based in Singapore.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The role will report directly to the Technical Director of the Climate Action Data Trust.
About Climate Action Data Trust
The Climate Action Data Trust (CAD Trust) (www.climateactiondata.org) is a decentralised meta data platform that links, aggregates and harmonises all major carbon registry data to enhance transparent accounting in line with Article 6 of the Paris Agreement. The Singapore-based Initiative has been founded by the World Bank, The International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) and the Government of Singapore. The CAD Trust is an integral part of the World Bank’s Climate Warehouse End-to-End Digital Ecosystem.