About the Opportunity
The Regional Director of FCM Meetings & Events is responsible for the regional guardianship of FCM M&E’s operational consistency and excellence, commercial success including revenue & margin growth, customer growth & acquisition strategy execution, and regional key stakeholder collaboration and engagement.
This role also includes the leadership of the FCM M&E business leaders in Asia to deliver united operational service excellence ensuring customer growth and retention across the FCM M&E core services of Meetings (venue source & fully managed), Event Travel, and Live Events.
As commercially savvy thinker, the Regional Leader must possess a deep understanding of how the businesses’ income, costs, products, services, and systems perform within the corporate meeting & events market in FCM Asia to continually seek competitive advantage to improve market share and grow the business.
Shaping the regional work environment, the Regional Leader is a key contributor to the overarching FCM Asia business strategy planning and execution whilst supporting the global effort to meet goals and objectives as directed by the FCM Meetings and Events Global General Manager.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and oversees the implementation of global & regional operational one best way across business systems & technology
- Works with key stakeholders internally & externally to deliver an outstanding & consistent customer experience across meetings, event travel and live events
- Works with customers, suppliers, leadership, and team members in region to identify opportunities, address operational issues, and deliver customer centric solutions and logical business outcomes
- Demonstrates full ownership of all operational functions within FCM Asia to drive positive outcomes for our customers and our business success
- Identifies opportunities for business process & productivity improvement and acts in the global and regional forums
- Supports the region where required with a creative and strategic approach to new acquisition & retention to differentiate our offering in the marketing and drive maximum margin opportunity
- Supports the delivery of a compelling customer experience plan to maximize the opportunity for retention and satisfaction
- Expert in the review of the customer’s meeting & events programs and requirements, makes recommendations that add value and drives continuous improvement
- Contributes creative ideas to the regional marketing and events plan
- Drives and delivers on team business plan and KPIs.
You will have:
- Advanced knowledge of internal & customer-facing event management & technology systems
- In-depth understanding and awareness of MICE products that deliver the best outcome for the customer & FCM Meetings & Events
- Commercial mindset - understands key business drivers and implications specifically related to pricing strategy, income, margin, and revenue opportunities
- Strong knowledge of financial systems and processes
- Ability to assess, troubleshoot and provide solutions to a varying range of scenarios
- Competent in updating and maintaining CRM data
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding and knowledge of the BI reporting suite and benefits
- Manages multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent organisational and team collaboration skills
- Ability to present options that drive compelling financial and operational value to deliver growth and profitability
- Superior knowledge of preferred supplier deals and how they are structured and optimised
- Delivers valuable insights and expertise on the industry
- Detailed knowledge of the brand, values, and target customers
- High-level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office software suite