Who we are looking for
The APAC Transfer Agency Product Manager, VP reports to APAC Head of Product Management SVP, with a matrix reporting to Global Head of Investor Services Product SVP. The APAC Transfer Agency Product Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, enhancement and support of State Street’s transfer agency products, services, and delivery channels from conceptual stages through research, development, marketing, training, sales programs, financial metrics, and the entire product life cycle in support of the products strategic goals and objectives. Transfer agency services include registration services, dealing services, investor and distribution services, settlement and reconciliation.
This role works with business and corporate partners to manage new product development and management in close coordination with global delivery and technology.
Why this role is important to us
You will be joining the Institutional Services function that allows us to deliver a comprehensive, holistic approach to each client relationship — for asset managers and asset owners, insurance companies, and official institutions globally. It means our client-facing functions work together to bring the very best solutions and services the firm has to offer — across all of our locations, products, and capabilities.
Join us if making your mark on the long-lasting client relationships we build is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As APAC Transfer Agency Product Manager, you will
- Understand the APAC markets, competitive forces and client direction to make related product recommendations that ensure competitive positioning and grow market share, including the opportunity to introduce new adjacent offerings
- Stay current on regulatory changes in region to drive product updates and solutioning as appropriate and facilitate client communication
- Serve as the “in-region” advocate for State Street’s Transfer Agency product through participation in industry forums, showcase State Street’s thought leadership, drive and execute appropriate advocacy activities (i.e., Office Hours, Bulletins, etc.)
- Maintain pulse on related service delivery results to drive product improvement
- Create forums internally and with clients to encourage idea sharing, innovation, collaboration and solutioning
- Collaborate and support commercialisation activities with Coverage, Relationship Management, Sales and Segment on new business opportunities to increase win ratio and gain market intelligence for ongoing product advancement
- Generation of comprehensive business cases for investment consideration, monitor approved cases for ROI attainment and ensure execution and delivery of approved cases
- Ensure effective Transfer Agency product project portfolio governance to
Maintain knowledge of all projects impacting the transfer agency platform to consistently influence design decisions toward enterprise value
Lead analysis and design efforts, translating requirements for development to ensure capability delivered is fit for purpose
Impact execution from requirements gathering to production deployment including the operating model alignment with Global Delivery strategy
Produce relevant Go-To-Market materials for internal and external consumption
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Global thinker and experience a plus
- Strong strategic view, with ability to quickly assess complex problems, prioritize key issues, and focus on relevant facts
- Proven ability to detect emerging trends, and encourage and make recommendations for creative change
- Ability to achieve results with the persistence and patience necessary to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents
- Experience working with operational teams to create scale while maintaining a strong control environment
- Possess excellent communications skills within an organization and with clients
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral presentations skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in investor services / transfer agency
- Worked in Product organisations in prior roles
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers