Based in Singapore, the Global Risk Insight team lead is a senior role responsible for consistently delivering first-class products to global clients; serving as a thought leader in their region and/or area of specialization; working directly with the sales and consulting teams in the scoping and delivery of opportunities; managing the career and skills development of the team of analysts in the region; and ensuring the collective provision of world-leading analysis on Asia, including through conferences, webinars and regular media engagements.
· Manage the operational workflow of the regional research team to enable the timely delivery of high-quality products with concurrent deadlines.
· Work closely with the Commercial Director for APAC, to further grow our reach and reputation in the region.
· Combine expertise on core Asian countries and themes with an understanding of our client’s issues to deploy high quality insights and thought leadership.
· Demonstrate high level of regional knowledge and country-level expertise in analytical output.
· Work with consulting colleagues to develop and deliver research-based consulting engagements within agreed cost and time constraints.
· Ensure team collaboration with other Verisk Maplecroft functions (e.g. Sales) as well as other Verisk companies to boost client engagement and identification of business opportunities.
· Deliver – both individually and at team level – strong thought leadership in terms of external media, conferences, and client-facing engagements, boosting Verisk Maplecroft’s profile and its long-term business opportunities.
· Ensure the long-term development of direct reports in terms of skills, expertise, and career aspirations.
· Effectively forecast medium-term business needs and translate these into actionable staffing recommendations.
· Effectively collaborate with account managers and the Head of the Global Risk Insight team to ensure effective resource utilisation and client satisfaction.
Knowledge & Experience
· Understanding of salient political, social, and regulatory issues and developments within Asia, particularly with regards to sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues and geopolitics.
· 8-10 years of experience in a relevant field, including political risk analysis or consulting preferred.
· Experience leading a team as well as coaching and mentoring professional development.
· Master’s degree in economics, international relations, political science, area studies or a similar relevant field is essential.
· Robust quantitative skills, including proficiency with statistical techniques; experience in data visualisation is a necessity.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Experience contributing to print and television media.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different levels of expertise.
· Experience working in a diverse and multicultural team with colleagues from across the globe.
· Excellent written and spoken English, particularly in relation to analytical writing.
· Excels in a collaborative environment which translates into an ability to work with colleagues in multiple locations across different time zones.
· An ability to thrive in an environment of robust peer review.
· Organisational and planning skills and the ability to work independently.
SALARY : SGD
145600.000000 PER YEAR