Opus 2 provides game-changing, cloud-based legal technology and services to connect people, case information, analysis, and data throughout the lifecycle of a dispute. Our secure platform, tailor-made for lawyers, provides a connected and flexible way of working. Case teams and clients can log in to access a centralised set of documents and collaborate from anywhere in the world and at any time, enabling seamless and meaningful communication and interactions. Combined with our best-in-class services, we deliver electronic trials and hearings worldwide.
We are looking for someone to join the Solution Operations team in Singapore as Disputes Support and Production Assistant. This client facing role requires someone who is confident, organised and hardworking with excellent communication skills, and the idealcandidate will demonstrate a keen desire to build a career at Opus 2 by becoming a key and trusted member of the APAC team.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to liaise with clients to help build their electronic bundles, and to assist with Opus 2's transcript production at the end of each hearing day.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a point of contact and advisor for clients offering hands-on disputes technology support, including the upload and organisation of electronic documentation in accordance with client instruction. You will need to manage client expectations and requests, assisting with queries, troubleshooting and offer guidance and alternatives as necessary.
- Liaising directly (by telephone and email) with solicitors and barristers, advising on best practices and assisting with technical queries.
- Advanced understanding and technical knowledge of the platform including the manipulation, reformatting and converting of Excel/CSV files to import and export data.
- Proactively ensuring that the team inbox and internal communication with other departments is managed efficiently.
- Actioning requests promptly and accurate recording of billable information to ensure Case Control is up to date with all relevant information. Conduct quality checks of the tasks undertaken by the team and proactively monitoring the team’s recording of billable information.
- Processing exports and printing requests, assisting with the quality control process and delivery of hard copy hearing bundles.
- Troubleshooting client-reported issues and liaising internally as necessary until a resolution is reached. Drive product improvement through ensuring all defects, improvements and new features are escalated appropriately to the Product and Development functions.
- Foster strong cross-departmental relationships, ensuring a positive and collaborative approach to service delivery. Working closely with the Client Services team in the lead up to and during hearings to ensure proceedings run smoothly.
- Provide ad-hoc consultative assistance to the Business Development team during the quotation and preparation stage of projects, participating in client meetings and calls regarding the project workflow if necessary.
- Working as a team alongside our existing production team to oversee the smooth operation of Opus 2's transcript function, to ensure that all hearing transcripts are produced and delivered swiftly and to a high standard
- Master use of the platform and other industry specific software including Total Advantage Eclipse, CaseCATalyst, E-transcript Manager and For the Record Player/Manager
- Completing amendments to transcripts, including errata returns, in an accurate and timely manner
- Liaising closely with the Case Management, Projects and Technical Delivery teams
- Corresponding with solicitors, barristers, Judicial clerks and court reporting teams circulating transcripts and providing ad hoc support
- Previous work experience in professional services, a SaaS company and/or LegalTech is advantageous.
- Desire to build a career in LegalTech, professional services and client success.
- Bright and engaging, with a willingness to learn and proactively use own initiative.
- Ability to work individually and within a team.
- Impeccable attention to detail with the ability to juggle tasks and work under pressure.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
- Organised, with strong time management skills.
- Patient demeanour and ability to hand-hold non-savvy customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Interest in technology, processes and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Full time (40 hours per week), weekly shift rotating to cover the hours between 9:00am – 8:00pm (9:00am-6:00pm, 11:00am-8:00pm).
- Remote work outside of these hours, including at weekends, may be required.
Working at Opus 2
Opus 2 is a global leader in the LegalTech space, creating solutions to drive digital transformation in the legal industry. We are the trusted partner of the world’s leading legal teams, with 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- Employee loyalty share scheme
- 22 days annual holidays and flexible working
- Healthcare Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Additional Childcare Leave
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity
- Accessible and modern office spaces, coffee and fresh fruit
- Company social events
Opus 2 International is an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants are selected solely on the basis of their relevant aptitudes, skills and abilities. No applicant shall receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, marital status, civil partnership status, trans-gender status, pregnancy, maternity, colour race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation, disability, age. This is not an exclusive list.
Opus 2 is a privacy conscious organisation, committed to protecting the privacy of our people and those who seek employment with us. It is important to us that you understand what information we collect, how we use it and how we protect it.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all applications. If you have not been contacted within one week of your application, then it is likely you have been unsuccessful.